The Feldenkrais Foundation, founded in 2008, is a non-profit, tax-deductible foundation devoted to promoting greater understanding, awareness and knowledge of the Feldenkrais Method. We believe that the Feldenkrais Method has the ability to transform the quality of each individual life by restoring healthy movement and function, alleviating pain and improving many human movement related difficulties.
The Foundation’s current activities include:
- Maintaining a low-fee Feldenkrais treatment clinic.
- The Feldenkrais Senior Mobility Project
- Bringing the Feldenkrais Method to under served populations.
- A scholarship fund for those wishing to further their studies of the Feldenkrais Method.
The Foundation’s Future Activities Will Include:
- A Feldenkrais Out-Patient Program for Stroke Recovery
- A Feldenkrais Mobility Improvement for the Visually Impaired
- Initiating and supporting scientific research on the Feldenkrais Method.
- We hope to initiate research on the effectiveness of The Feldenkrais Method with balance issues in the elderly, stroke recovery, multiple sclerosis, scoliosis, and recovery of arm mobility after mastectomy.